Thursday, March 26, 2015

SOLVED: "Open with explorer" disabled in IE11

[SOLUTION]
I found that this button was disabled because of this line in my Master Page - I am using Bootstrap theme from Codeplex and that comes with its own master page.
What I had to do was change this line in the header from:
 to (taken from Seattle master page)
And now, the button is enabled and working!
 
[PROBLEM]
I have an issue with Internet Explorer 11 and SharePoint 2013. The option "Open with explorer" is disabled, it works in IE10 but not IE11:


I have tried all possible solutions:
- added the site to Compatibility View settings
- added the site in Local intranet
- checked the add-ons
- checked that the local service WebClient was started
- I am running the 32-bit version
- the kb 2846960 is installed (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2846960)
And obviously it is working in Internet Explorer 10. Maybe there is a new hotfix or something that needs to be installed, have googled this but not found any proper solution yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Can you please tell me what lines you changed in bootstrap-3 server master with Seattle master. I am having same issue

Thanks
Jay

Lise Rasmussen said...

Hi Jay
I can't really remember what I did, this was more than a year ago (the date in this blog post is not correct, it was imported from my other blog). But I think I had to "emulate" the browser version by changing from IE11 to IE10 in this line:

meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10"

in the HEAD section.
Hope this helps,
BR Lise

Anonymous said...

Hi Lise,

this solved the IE11 problems in our environment. Thanks for publishing this information!

BR Karin